We recommend you to first update the SPF and DKIM record for your domain and finally add DMARC record by following the steps below
NOTE: SPF and DKIM must be configured first to implement DMARC feature
I. For Adding SPF Record :
- If you are using only google apps to send emails update your spf as txt record value : 'v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com ~all'
- If you are using any other email services for sending emails then update your spf as txt record value : v=spf1 include:yourotherservices.com include:_spf.google.com ~all ( where your_other_services are points to recommended value suggested by your other email service provider ex.sendgrid, mailchimp) To know more about SPF visit or click openspf.org
II. For Adding DKIM Record :
For Using only Google Apps Mail solution:
If you are using only Google email servers, and you have purchased your domain from one of google domain host partners while signing up for Google Apps. In that case, Google automatically generates the domain key for you. for more information check :https://support.google.com/a/answer/174126
To generate the domain key used to sign mail:
- Sign in to Google Admin Console
- Click Apps > Google Apps > Gmail > Authenticate email.
- To update the DNS records for the selected domain > select your domain from drop-down menu, click on Generate new record, in optional Prefix selector type Google click Generate
- Copy the TXT Record Value.(example v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIGfMA....)
- Now, Open your Domain Settings page on your domain hosting provider
- Add a TXT record into your domain provider's DNS settings page. Save Settings.
- Finally, Open Google Admin console page and click on Start Authentication
Note: It may take up to 48 hours for DNS changes to fully propagate.
For detail information please visit : https://support.google.com/a/answer/174124?hl=en&ref_topic=2752442
To know more about DKIM visit or click dkim.org
III. For Adding DMARC Record :
Earlier steps SPF and DKIM implemented increases reputation of our outbound mails.
But to prevent mails getting delivered on gmail forging 'From' address of our domain we can set DMARC record. Google is participating in DMARC.org, which gives domain owners more control over what Gmail does with spam emails from their domain.
Before you update DMARC consider to check SPF and DKIM is updated successfully, else it may not work.
To implement DMARC record for YourDomain, please create the below TXT record in your DNS C-Panel:
"v=DMARC1; p=reject; sp=reject; aspf=s"
Know more about DMARC here.
Do let us know your feedback and concerns on email@example.com or call us on +91-040-66137393
Google Apps Team
Brio Technologies Pvt Ltd.