Installing Office Applications from Office 365 Portal
If your Office 365 subscription plan includes the desktop version of the Office apps you won't see an option to install it unless someone in your organization assigned a license to you.
Once a license is assigned to user follow the steps below to Download and Install Office applications,
Step 1: Sign in to download Office
Go to portal.office.com and if you're not already signed in, select Sign in.
- Sign in with the account you associated with this version of Office. This account can be a Microsoft account, or work or school account.
- After signing in, follow the steps that match the type of account you signed in with.
5. From the Office home page select Install Office.
6. Select Install. (For Office 365 subscribers, you may be on the Overview page and need to select Install Office> first.)
The 64-bit version is installed by default. However, if Office detects you have a previously installed 32-bit version, this version will be installed instead.
7. Office should now begin downloading. Follow the prompts in Step 2 to complete the installation.
Step 2: Install Office
Depending on your browser, select Run (in Edge or Internet Explorer), Setup (in Chrome), or Save File (in Firefox).
If you see the User Account Control prompt that says, Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? select Yes.
The install begins as shown in screenshot below
Your install is finished when you see the phrase, "You're all set! Office is installed now" and an animation plays to show you where to find Office applications on your computer. Select Close.
Step 3: Activate Office
Start using an Office application right away by opening any app such as Word or Excel.
In most cases, Office is activated once you start an application and after you click Accept to agree to the License terms.