- Some emails are missing.
- Emails aren't coming to your inbox.
- Your inbox is empty and all your emails have disappeared. Try these common fixes
We recommend following these steps on a computer because many of them can't be done through the Gmail app.
Check if the email was archived, deleted, or marked as spam Emails might skip your inbox if they were accidentally archived, deleted, or marked as spam.
Follow these steps to search all your emails, including those that aren't in your inbox:
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- In the search box, click the Down arrow .
- Click the All Mail drop down, then select Mail & Spam & Trash.
- Enter some information that’s in the missing email. If you're not sure about exact words or details, leave the fields blank.
- At the bottom of the box, click Search . If you couldn't find your email after following the steps above, the email might have been deleted or sent to spam. Notes about deleted emails
- If you delete an email, it stays in your Trash for 30 days. After 30 days, emails are permanently deleted from the trash.
- There's only one copy of every Gmail email. If you deleted an email from one place, like a label or a device, it is deleted from Gmail entirely.
- Gmail groups all replies to an original email together in a single conversation. When you click or tap delete, the entire conversation is deleted, including the original email and any replies. Notes about Spam emails
- If you mark an email as spam, it stays in Spam for 30 days. After 30 days, emails are permanently deleted from Spam.
- If you think emails are being sent to Spam by mistake, learn how to remove emails from Spam.