STEPS TO CONVERT REGULAR MAILBOX TO SHARED MAILBOX
To convert a regular mailbox to a shared mailbox, follow the given simple steps:
- Log in to your Office 365 account. Go to Admin.
- In the Office 365 admin center, choose the Active users option.
- Choose the user mailbox which you want to convert to the shared mailbox. Click Mail Settings.
- Then, click Convert to shared mailbox to convert your regular mailbox to a shared one.
- Finally, click Convert to convert the mailbox to a shared mailbox.
- Your mailbox has been converted to a shared mailbox.
We will now move to see how a shared mailbox can be converted to a regular mailbox in Office 365.
STEPS TO CONVERT A SHARED MAILBOX BACK TO A REGULAR MAILBOX
One can convert a shared mailbox to a regular mailbox easily by following the steps:
- Login to your Office 365 account as administrator. Navigate to Office 365 Admin Center and select Exchange.
- Go to Recipients>>Shared. Select the shared mailbox and then click Convert under Convert to regular mailbox.
- A warning message will pop up asking for confirmation. Click Yes to continue.
Note: You need to assign a license and reset the password for mailbox after conversion.
- The conversion will take a little time. After that, a completion message is displayed. Once completed, click Close to exit.
- When you sign in to Office 365 again, you can find that this shared mailbox has been converted to a regular mailbox. The converted mailbox contains all the data of the shared mailbox.