Use this instructions to change the default folder location in Windows
When you download Google Drive to your PC a default folder will be created in C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Local\Google\DriveFS.
f you want to change the name or location of this folder you can do so by following the steps below.
- Click on the Google Drive Stream icon in your system tray (usually bottom right of your Windows task bar)
- Click on the Gear icon top right and choose Preference...
- Click Change Local cached files directory - if you choose an existing folder it must be empty
- Your files will now be re-synced down to your PC in this new location
- Delete the old folder and files - if you want to.
- A window will open up, choose Locate folder and go find the new Google Drive folder.